Friday, March 13, 2009

Journal 6: Grow Your Personal Learning Network

Grow Your Personal Learning Network by David Warlick

PLNs or personal learning networks are a great way to get people connected. Originally, I thought of this type of network as a social connect, joining people from all over the country in an effort for people to have their voices heard, or just to keep in touch with faraway friends. However, I never imagined PLNs could be such a great informative tool. Educators can share lesson plans, ideas. We can discuss issues with teachers on the other side of the country, or even in other countries for that matter. I will certainly look at PLNs as a tool I can use as a future teacher, rather than simply a site where people post pictures of themselves from the previous weekend. :)

Q1: How could I utilize PLNs as a teacher?

A1: As a new teacher, PLNs would be a great way for me to get in touch with more experienced teachers. Perhaps I'd be introduced to lesson plans, or ideas of how to better manage my classroom. Any tips I could find would definitely help jumpstart my teaching career.

Q2: Would PLNs be a good tool for students as well?

A2: As a current student, I definitely think PLNs would be a great educational tool for students as well as teachers. These networks could offer students a different point of view on an issue, or even ideas for a future project. Whatever the case may be, it seems like getting in touch with people we wouldn't normally have access to is always a new and exciting advancement in the world of technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment